Employment Specialist III - Bilingual Spanish Eng
|Title:||Employment Specialist III - Bilingual Spanish Eng|
|Function:||Employment Specialist III - Bilingual|
|Schedule:||Varied Part Time Hours|
|AbilityOne Requirement:||No Documented Disability Requirements|
This position is in the Supported Employment division of Didlake’s Rehabilitation Services Department. The Employment Specialist III (ESII) independently manages a caseload of consumers, creating his/her own weekly work schedule to ensure that the needs of the caseload are met. Expected to be available for consumer crisis intervention via phone or email for consumers as needed, or arrange for coverage as needed. Stay current in the field of vocational rehabilitation and supported employment, independently seeking out best practices in career counseling, positive behavior supports, autism, systematic instruction and assistive technology.
This position is expected to generate their won referrals from state Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors and local Community Services Board Case Managers; develop job opportunities at commercial and governmental sites located across Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC areas; provide “time limited” employment services for the purpose of securing stable employment for people with severe disabilities; and provide ongoing employment service coordination services as needed. This position interfaces with professional level counselors, clinicians, and case managers in local and state vocational rehabilitation and mental health agencies.
Job Placement and Training:
- Markets Supported Employment Program to Vocational Rehabilitation Counselors, Community Services Board Case Managers and other funding/referral entities to generate referrals.
- Provides disability education to businesses and coworkers/supervisors of supported employee.
- Identifies job opportunities with potential employers in commercial and governmental industries (Job Development).
- May serve as Didlake’s representative at professional association forums, chamber events and other business associations.
- Participates in job fairs and organizes recruitment campaigns on behalf of populations served.
- Participates in materials development for public relations and marketing efforts.
- Independently manages caseload, creating own weekly work schedule to ensure that needs of caseload are met.
- Coordinates authorizations from funding agencies and secures approval before service implementation.
- Conducts intake of applicants.
- Routinely maintains contact with rehabilitative counselors and other referral sources to request additional authorizations or change status of the case.
- Develops and monitors Individualized Service Plans (ISP) in accordance with Didlake policies and procedures and tracks individual progress.
- Collects, writes and maintains data and appropriate documentation in accordance with CARF accreditation standards, rules and regulations promulgated by the Department of Rehabilitative Services (DRS), the Department of Mental Health, Mental Retardation and Substance Abuse Services (BHDS), Didlake Policies and Procedures and Statements of Work.
Structured, one-to-one support to assist with learning the job and developing natural supports necessary (e.g., employers, co-workers) to maintain job stability.
: Routine and ongoing contact post job placement to assess job performance, employer satisfaction and levels of training and/or support needed. Develops and implements strategies for training, instruction and supervision of consumer.
Masters Degree in a related field; or BA/BS degree in education, vocational rehabilitation, social work, business, or related field and two (2) years of related experience; or high school diploma and at least five (5) years experience in transition or supported employment services. Candidate must be bilingual. QMRP designation required.
At least ten (10) hours of continuing education per year in the areas of career counseling, positive behavior supports, autism, systematic instruction and assistive technology. Ability to self-manage time and schedule. Marketing/public relations including generation of won referrals and employer contacts. Have a driver’s license and be insurable under Didlake’s automobile policy. Be willing to use personal vehicle for travel. Obtain Job Coach Certification within six (6) months of hire. Lifting and/or moving up to 50+ lbs occasionally, 20-50 lbs frequently, and 10-20 lbs regularly. Bilingual Spanish and English. Must be fluent in Spanish. This position may involve standing, walking, stooping, sitting, pulling, lifting, carrying, pushing, climbing stairs and ladders. EOE. m/f/v/d Didlake is a drug free workplace.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications