Lead Worker Janitor - Forrestal
|Title:||Lead Worker Janitor - Forrestal|
|Function:||Lead Worker Janitor Night|
|Schedule:||4:30 pm - 11:00 pm|
|AbilityOne Requirement:||No Documented Disability Requirements|
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, evaluation and supervision of subordinate staff in the maintenance of the DOE contract. Plans, assigns and directs work to be done in accordance with contract requirements, Didlake’s policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Considered essential personnel with the ability to respond to work in a timely manner as determined by contract needs.
Organizes, directs, controls and evaluates assigned staff in the following tasks:
1. Cleanings hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators banks, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
2. Cleaning floors using brooms and mops and powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
3. Polishing metalwork, such as fixtures and fittings.
4. Washing windows, door panels, and sills.
5. Emptying wastebaskets.
6. Replenishing bathroom supplies and floor supplies.
7. Setting an example through dependability, hard work, strong business ethics and personal appearance.
8. Assigns tasks and issues supplies and equipment to staff and inspects complete work for conformance to standards.
9. Requisitions supplies and equipment from Project Manager.
10. Trains employees in how to do assigned work and in using equipment and supplies appropriately.
11. Addresses complaints and resolves problems of employees and customers; refers to supervisor as necessary.
12. May fill in for general cleaning staff as needed. Operates power equipment such as two stage snow blowers and a John Deere skid-loader/snowplow.
13. During inclement weather, provide proper upkeep by removing snow from walkways, building entrances, and dock ramps, and spread snow/ice melting chemicals.
Possess the ability topass and hold a security clearance background check. HS diploma/GED or any combination of experience/education to equal graduation from the 12th grade, and 1 year recent, relevant experience in commercial custodial or maintenance services; prior supervisory experience. Some knowledge of equipment and chemicals used.
Must have verbal and written communication so to read simple instructions. Ability to apply good judgment in fulfilling responsibilities. Ability to interact effectively and positively with employees with disabilities required. Some knowledge of general cleaning products and equipment required. Lifting 50 - 100 lbs. occasionally, 20 - 50 lbs. frequently. EOE. m/f/v/d
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications