Lead Worker Janitor - CMS
|Title:||Lead Worker Janitor - CMS|
|Function:||Lead Worker Night|
|Schedule:||2:00 pm - 10:30 pm|
|AbilityOne Requirement:||No Documented Disability Requirements|
Responsible for assisting the Janitorial Supervisor in the overall direction, coordination, evaluation and supervision of cleaning crews in the maintenance of the CMS contract. Plans, assigns and directs work to be done in accordance with contract requirements, Didlake’s policies and procedures, and applicable laws.
Organizes, directs, controls and evaluates assigned staff in the following tasks:
- Cleanings hallways, lobbies, lounges, rest rooms, corridors, elevators banks, stairways, and locker rooms and other work areas.
- Cleaning floors using brooms and mops and powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Polishing metalwork, such as fixtures and fittings.
- Washing windows, door panels, and sills.
- Emptying wastebaskets
- Replenishing bathroom supplies.
- Responsible for working with a positive team spirit and producing quality work.
- Responsible for appropriate conduct and demeanor as dictated by Didlake Policy.
- Responsible for following safety standards and guidelines in the proper use of equipment and other activities.
- Setting an example through dependability, hard work, strong business ethics and personal appearance.
- Assigns tasks and issues supplies and equipment to employees and inspects complete work for conformance to standards.
- Requisitions supplies and equipment from Supervisor.
- Trains employees in how to do assigned work and in using equipment and supplies appropriately.
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems of employees and customers; refers to supervisor as deemed necessary.
- Coordinates with Rehabilitation Department staff to ensure individual program plans are followed and implemented.
- May fill in for general cleaning staff as needed.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from the 12th grade. Minimum of 1 year recent, relevant experience in commercial custodial or maintenance services; prior supervisory experience required. Must possess strong verbal and good written communication skills including ability to read, write, and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to apply common sense and good judgment in fulfilling responsibilities. Ability to interact effectively and supportively with people with disabilities. Requires some knowledge of general cleaning products and equipment. Must possess and demonstrate high initiative, adaptability, flexibility and convey a positive team member attitude. Lifting 50 - 100 lbs. occasionally, 20 - 50 lbs. frequently, or 10 - 20 lbs. constantly. Other demands include: standing, walking, stooping, sitting, pulling, lifting, carrying, pushing, climbing stairs and ladders; talking, listening, and directing personnel. EOE. m/f/v/d
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications